LOS ANGELES FAMILY ATTORNEY
“By listening to my client and maintaining objectivity, I work with them toward a solution that accounts for both what my client wants and needs.”
In her Los Angeles family law practice, Amy S. Kapner litigates and mediates all the critical issues in marital dissolutions. Her experience in custody matters includes international and transcontinental move-aways. Amy handles complex financial issues, from business valuations, division of royalties and the sale of real estate to the valuation and division of stock options and debt. Additional areas of focus include premarital and marital agreements and domestic violence issues.
Amy has represented numerous high-profile and high net worth individuals. Among other matters, Amy has led the valuation of multimillion-dollar fine art and collectibles collections. As a top family law attorney Amy has extensive first-chair litigation experience and actively participates in mediation and settlement meetings and other negotiations.
A graduate of Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, Amy serves as a mentor to students at her alma mater as well as in the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles’ mentor program. Amy is an active member of the Beverly Hills Bar Association and the LA County Bar Association and was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers in 2020.
Q&A with Amy S. Kapner
Amy S. Kapner
- Family Law
- California, 2012
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2012
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- B.A. - 2005
- Major: Psychology
Professional Associations &
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Loyola Law School Alumni Association and Reunion Committee
- Northwestern University Council of 100
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Member and Mentor
- Southern California Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2019-2020
- Delta Gamma