LOS ANGELES FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY
“Family lawyers play a pivotal role in their clients’ lives, and it’s satisfying to represent a person in a difficult time. I focus on setting up my clients to thrive in their post-marriage lives.”
Felicia R. Meyers is a Los Angeles high asset divorce attorney who handles high conflict and custody matters. Felicia’s work with the firm focuses primarily on complex litigation and trials, leveraging her extensive experience as a civil litigator prior to MOLM. She has led successful legal efforts relating to cutting edge family law issues such as international move-away cases, custody cases and high assets cases.
Over the past several years, Felicia has been involved in diverse, complex trial in courtrooms across California. She was one of the lead attorneys in the case J.M. v. G.H. (2014) 228 Cal.App.4th 925, as modified on denial of rehearing (Sept. 5, 2014), review denied (October 22, 2014), which was an international move-away case where the Court of Appeal upheld the trial court’s ruling allowing mother to move with the minor child to Israel.
In a trial in downtown Los Angeles, the issue before the Court – the validity of an Iranian Judgment of Dissolution – was very unusual and had international significance. Both parties were Iranian, had married in Iran and resided here. The wife went back to Iran, where she filed for divorce, waived her right to receive spousal support, and then filed the legal judgment in the Iranian Court without telling the husband.
After the husband filed for divorce in California, the wife took the position that the Iranian divorce she obtained was invalid and requested spousal support from the California Court. Felicia most recently represented the husband at trial in which the Court deemed the Iranian Judgment of Divorce was valid, denying the wife’s claims for support. Very recently, Felicia was the lead trial lawyer in a case of first impression in IRMO Macilwaine (2018) 26 Cal.App.5th514. The Court of Appeal held that stock options must be recognized as income for purposes of child support when conferred upon and available to the employee, regardless of whether the parent elects to exercise the option and sell the shares of stock.
Ms. Meyers strives to be the best lawyer Los Angeles has to offer, which is why she has been selected as a Super Lawyer for 13 years. She is the former Chairperson of the Family Law Section of the Beverly Hills Bar Association and recipient of the President’s Award for outstanding work as Chair of the family law section. She was selected for inclusion in the 2024 Lawdragon 500 Leading Family Lawyers.
Q&A with Los Angeles Family Law Attorney Felicia R. Meyers
Felicia R. Meyers
- California, 1994
- Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1993
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Recipient: Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- California State University, Northridge, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1990
Professional Associations &
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Chair, Family Law Section, 2008 to 2009
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member of Executive Committee, Family Law
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Former Board of Governors
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Family Law
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Family Lawyers: 2024
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2012, 2015 - 2023
- "Top Family Lawyers” by the Daily Journal: 2023
- Most Influential Women Attorneys by the Los Angeles Business Journal: 2019
- Most Influential Women Lawyers by Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal: 2017
- Countrywide Home Loans, Inc. v. Alfred Tutungi, et al., 66 Cal. App.727 (1998)